Incorporating psychology on your website can help generate traffic as well as sales. Every day, the internet is getting crammed with information. This information can easily be accessed in just a click.
Web designers are starting to adapt psychology to make web designs creative, entertaining and effective. Read on to find out more about web design psychology basics, mentalismminds, and how they influence website conversions.
Today, we are confronted with the reality of fraud, scam and identity theft. It is important that your website does not ask for personal information before an issue is addressed. Personal information includes name, address, mobile number, email address, and bank information. Including some forceful overlays may cause a negative impression in your website. In psychology, the study of perception and thought process is called mentalism, and this is a very important aspect to consider when designing your website.
When people visit your website, the human brain automatically looks for an organized pattern. This means that the brain functions better if the website is in order. For example, if we see a typographical error, our brain automatically corrects it.
A good example is putting the close button on the upper right-hand corner of the screen and putting the back button on the upper left-hand corner. People are used to these buttons being on the same location on every website they visit.
The colors of your website should match your company logo. Colors not only represent your company, but they also help attract customers. According to a study, 90 percent of impulsive buying is based on colors.
Here is a quick guide in choosing the colors for your website:
- Blue represents intellect, clear communication, confidence, and good organization skills. This color catches the attention of men.
- White represents peace, calmness, clarity, and cohesiveness.
- Green denotes good health, tranquility, and nature. This color helps lessen stress.
- Red signifies urgency. This color is used when a sale is on. It helps trigger excitement.
- Purple is commonly used in websites that feature beauty products and anti-aging. It signifies royalty and wisdom.
- Black represents stability and authority.
- Gray is attractive to practical buyers.
The type of font you use on your website has an impact on your customers. The fonts on your website should not overwhelm your visitors. Overwhelming fonts may cause confusion and boredom.
Here is a list of basic tips to consider:
- Simple fonts convey being straightforward.
- Complex fonts express a distinctive design.
- Slanted fonts symbolize progress.
- Straight fonts symbolize steadiness.
- Condensed fonts suggest accuracy.
- Extended fonts suggest serenity.
- Lowercase suggest empathy.
- Uppercase suggest power.
- Round fonts symbolize calmness.
- Sharp fonts symbolize longevity.
Emotion influences our actions. Colors and fonts that are strategically combined is a strong motivator to your website visitors.
These psychology based designs are easy to implement and easy to learn. Knowing the basics about psychology based web design is beneficial. Now that you are familiar with the fundamentals, it is also essential to know your customers. Design a website based on your target audience.